Please report any ride changes in writing or by email to the front office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ride changes are requested prior to 2:00 pm.
There will be no early dismissal after 2:45 pm. Please pick up your child prior to this time if necessary.
Our school start time is 7:40 am. Students should be in their seats and ready for instruction at 7:40 am.
After 7:40 am, all students must enter the school through the front office. Students will then pick up a tardy pass and proceed to class.
For your child’s safety, no students are allowed to be at school before 7:20 a.m. unsupervised.
The doors will be open at 7:20 am and breakfast is served from 7:20 – 7:35 am.
All students will be allowed to walk to class starting at 7:20 am.
Students need to arrive early, so they can be in class at 7:40 am.
MORNING CAR RIDERS
All car riders who drive south on Lost Spurs for drop off will use the front driveway to enter school. Car riders that drive north on Lost Spurs will drop off in the back driveway and enter through the cafeteria doors. School personnel will be at the front and back of the school to assist students. Parents should stay in a single car line. Students should be ready to exit the car upon arrival.
- K-5 car riders will be picked up in the back of the school. PreK/PPCD/SLC students and their siblings will pick up in the front driveway.
- There will be one line of cars for dismissal. Teachers will be supervising students’ departure.
- Each child will receive a car visor identification sign that details the child's name and grade. This sign must be visible in the car visor as you pull into the loading zones. Visibility of the sign will assist us in providing a safe and smooth process.
-All bike/scooter riders will dismiss out the front doors. For safety reasons, students need to walk their bikes/scooters until they are off school grounds.
- Parent walkers dismiss through the doors located in front of the school facing the bike racks.
- There will be one line of parents waiting for dismissal. Teachers will be supervising students’ departure.
- Each parent must have an identification sign that details the child's name and grade. This sign must be visible in the parent's hands. Visibility of the sign will assist us in providing a safe and smooth process.
K-2 Independent Walkers are released after K-2 Parent Walkers
3-5 Independent Walkers are released at 3:00 pm
Independent Walker means that a child can leave the school and walk independently all the way home. It does not mean that the child meets a parent on the school grounds. We had a several situations last year where parents were meeting their child on the school grounds as an Independent Walker, but were upset when a child was released and the parent had not arrived to the school grounds yet. If you want to meet your child on the school grounds, then that is a Parent Walker dismissal. We want all students to be safe and to ensure that the students are getting home the right way. Thanks for your help with this situation.
CUL-DE-SAC WALKERS - INDEPENDENT
If your family lives in the cul-de-sac area behind the school, then your child will be a cul-de-sac walker. These students line up in the cafeteria at the end of the day and then a teacher walks the group to the cul-de-sac.
A written note or email MUST be sent to your child's homeroom teacher in order for us to change your child's usual afternoon transportation home.
For emergency dismissal changes, notify the front office at email@example.com if your child’s usual afternoon dismissal has changed. No dismissal changes will be accepted after 2:00 pm. If you are checking your child out of school early (early dismissal), you must check him/her out before 2:45 pm. No early dismissals after 2:45 pm.
Thank you for your help in following these procedures so we can provide a safe environment for all children.