Registration now open for Northwest Narwhals swimming team
Registration is now open for the Northwest Narwhals swimming team. The program is for Northwest ISD students ages five through 18 and offers a competitive format over a short period of time.
All prospective parents are encouraged to attend the Parents Meeting Saturday, May 7 at 1:00 p.m. at the NISD Aquatic Center located at 1976 Texan, Justin, TX 76247.
Swimmers who are ages 10 and under will need to be able swim 25 yards of the pool using the freestyle stroke while using side breathing. Swimmers who are ages 11 through 18 will need to do the same while going 50 yards.
The cost for this program is $200 for each swimmer that qualifies for the team ($175 for NISD employees). This cost includes all entry fees, an awesome t-shirt and a team swimming cap.
Important Dates and Times:
Pre-Season Practice Schedule: May 16, 2022 – May 26, 2022 (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- 10 and Under: 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
- 11 through 18: 7:15 pm – 8:15 pm
Regular Season Practice Schedule: May 31, 2022 – July 15, 2022
- Morning Practices (Monday – Friday)
- 11 through 18: 9:45 am – 11:00 am
- 10 and Under 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Evening Practices (Monday-Thursday)
- 10 and Under: 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm
- 11 through 18: 7:45 pm – 8:45 pm
Time Trials: It is recommended that all swimmers participate in the time trials meet June 11, 2022 (Saturday) at the NISD Aquatic Center.
Circuit Meets: All swimmers are eligible to swim at the two evening circuit meets and Regionals.
- June 22, 2022 (Wednesday) at the Keller ISD Natatorium (1000 Bear Creek, Keller, TX)
- June 29, 2022 (Wednesday) at the NISD Aquatic Center
Regional Meet: July 16, 2022 (Saturday) at the NISD Aquatic Center
Please contact Kristi Pottorff at Kpottorff@nisdtx.org with any questions.